As our Research Champion you’ll play a vital role in getting more people involved in research to help us find better treatments and a cure for Parkinson's.
Flexible, around 30 mins per month, excluding travel
Home based, but able to travel to one or more Parkinson’s local groups in your area
What the role involves
You'll help connect those affected by Parkinson's in your local area who are part of the Parkinson’s local group to news about Parkinson’s research, opportunities to take part, and events by:
- Encouraging people who are online and who have an email address to join the research support network – our research e-newsletter
- Organising research speakers or local project visits for Parkinson’s UK local groups in your area
- Connecting with others interested in research in your region as part of a regional research interest group, to share knowledge and learning
What you could get out of volunteering
As a research champion you will:
- You'll be playing a vital role in encouraging as many people as possible to get involved in research, helping us to find better treatments and a cure, faster.
- This is a very flexible role with minimum commitment yet big impact.
- You’ll make stronger connections within your group and your local Parkinson’s community, improve valuable communication skills, gain experience in writing for newsletters and speaking to groups (if you wish to do so), and learn an incredible amount about Parkinson’s and Parkinson’s research.
What we're looking for and why
We are looking for people who:
- are enthusiastic about research and the urgent need to find a cure and better treatments for people with Parkinson’s and enjoy keeping up to date and talking about research, this role is for you!
- Ideally, you'll be (or become) a member of the research support network, our free online network connecting people affected by Parkinson's with research news, opportunities and events. Joining is easy, there's just a simple webform to complete.
FIND OUT MORE
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email [email protected].
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to [email protected] by the closing date.