People with Parkinson's deserve better.
1 million people across the UK are affected by Parkinson's.
- 87% of people with Parkinson's have faced harassment and discrimination.
- There's still no cure.
But you can make a real difference.
Team Parkinson's is for Everyone
Watch the video to meet some members of Team Parkinson's and see how everyone is getting involved to transform lives and find a cure.
There's a role for you too!
The team has already achieved so much, including:
- convincing the NHS to fund crucial Parkinson's medication
- creating specialist Parkinson's nurses
- funding research breakthroughs
But there's still more to do. And the more people who join in, the stronger we'll be.
We don't want cost to stop anyone from being able to join, so just chip in whatever you can – even if that's nothing right now.
Why we're part of Team Parkinson's
"My father was diagnosed 5 years ago. Since then we’ve become part of this kind of huge team."
"It's really important to tell people that Parkinson's is more than they think it is."
"Whether you do something big or small, it makes you feel good. Anyone can get involved."
Team Parkinson's tools
When you join, we'll send you a Team Toolkit, full of tools to help you show your support, take action and make a difference. The tools include:
a pin badge to wear with pride
a membership card to show you belong to the team
a set of pledges so you can help other people understand more about Parkinson's
As well as your Team Toolkit, you'll also get:
- The Parkinson and Progress magazines – either in the post or by email
- the opportunity to come to the Parkinson's UK Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- the chance to shape the charity's future by voting for trustees
Our friendly Supporter Care team is on hand to answer any questions about Team Parkinson's and how to join in. Please call 0800 138 6593 or email [email protected]