What does the Network do?
This is your Network.
It's a way for you to connect with other health and social care professionals with an interest in Parkinson's locally and across the UK. Share your ideas and get support to deliver changes in treatment and care.
Local Parkinson's Excellence Network working groups span the UK to empower and support people in their areas to drive change and innovation.
Excellence Network working groups on specific topics allow members to really focus on what matters to their patients.
Communication and collaboration can carry on virtually through the Excellence Network's Basecamp platform, available to all members, allowing networking at a time to suit you!
You can register interest in joining a working group by emailing [email protected]
Developing the right expert health and social care workforce is crucial to improving the quality of care for people affected by Parkinson's – and a priority for the Excellence Network.
The reach of Parkinson's education is increased with the Excellence Network's varied offer of accredited, online and volunteer educator learning programmes.
All learning content is developed in collaboration with Excellence Network members across professional disciplines, with dedicated learning pathways for Parkinson's nurses, therapists and other health and social care staff.
Through the Network you can access expert education advisers and Parkinson's educators. These advisers support education development and delivery in priority areas, and work to influence the core curriculum of professionals involved in Parkinson's care.
Equipping health and social care professionals to influence and shape provision is a key way the UK Parkinson's Excellence Network drives improvements in care.
The Network gives you the tools you need to review and redesign Parkinson's services to meet the needs of your patients and clients, including:
- data, evidence and resources to help you make the case for high quality, cost effective provision
- the UK Parkinson's Audit, enabling you to benchmark your services and develop a quality improvement plan
- the Excellence Network Conference and Awards, drawing together knowledge, recognising and celebrating outstanding services, and inspiring others to initiate their own improvements
The priorities of people affected by Parkinson's are the touchstone for developing high quality services.
The UK Parkinson's Excellence Network offers clear insight from people affected by Parkinson's to enable health and social care professionals to better meet their needs through:
- the Patient Reported Experience Measure (PREM), part of the UK Parkinson's Audit. See how the PREM and Parkinson's UK Your Life, Your Services survey findings can help you understand and benchmark your service from the perspective of your patients and clients, improving the quality of Parkinson's healthcare
- access to feedback from people living with the condition from across the UK, along with tools and expertise to help you involve people affected by Parkinson's in shaping services
- resources to equip you to enable people affected by Parkinson's to take control, and get the information, support and opportunities they need to manage their condition and live life to the full
- face to face learning for social care professionals developed with and delivered by Parkinson's UK trained volunteer educators with personal experience of Parkinson's
2021 UK Parkinson's Excellence Network Awards and Conference
Join us online to share, learn, and shape the future of Parkinson's care.
Together we’ll celebrate outstanding health and social care services for people with Parkinson’s, and look back on 5 years of the Excellence Network.
The UK Parkinson's Excellence Network
Watch this short film to find out more about the UK Parkinson's Excellence Network.
UK Parkinson's Excellence Network priority areas for improvement
The Excellence Network is working to address several priority areas for improvement in Parkinson's services. These areas are informed by the results of the UK Parkinson's Audit.
Meet the clinical leadership team for the Excellence Network
Meet the team and read how and when they got involved with Parkinson’s, and why they stepped forward to take up a leadership role in the Network.