Benefits of working for us

Our people power everything we do for the Parkinson’s community. That’s why we believe you deserve to be rewarded and supported with great benefits.

Whether you're joining a front-facing role in our Community directorate, or one of our many enabling directorates (Fundraising, External Affairs, Finance or People & Culture etc), you’ll make a real difference to the lives of people with Parkinson’s and their loved ones.

Here are some of the benefits you’ll get when you join the Parkinson’s UK team.

  • We operate a flexi-time scheme, giving you flexibility on start and finish times and the ability to take back time you have worked over your normal hours. 
  • We have a great annual leave offer of 25 days, rising by an additional day after 2 years and then another day after 4 years’ service, taking you to 27 days.
  • We support work-life balance by offering flexible working from your first day. We’re also open to various ways of working such as compressed working patterns, part time working and variable working hours. 
  • We’re committed to supporting personal and professional aspirations and offer sabbatical leave for up to 6 months after 3 years’ continuous service. 
  • We support families and those with additional personal commitments. Our policies include paid compassionate, dependants, carers and bereavement leave. 
  • In support of our people with disabilities or long term health conditions, we offer disability related leave from the first day of employment.
  • You can take advantage of our UK office based in London, which is open to both hybrid and remote employees. It offers a great space to work with sit-stand work desks, touch points, collaboration spaces and private working booths.
  • Colleagues who work remotely are provided with equipment to be able to work and collaborate effectively from home.
  • We invest in new and modern systems to enable our staff to deliver their roles with ease and support our community.
  • We partner with occupational health and employee assistance providers who offer a suite of wellbeing services, supporting you through physical or mental health issues and financial difficulties. 
  • We have qualified members of staff who act as Mental Health First Aiders and can provide instant support and signpost to further help.
  • We have a number of affinity groups (including include the Disabled Colleague Network, LGBTQIA+, Menopause group, the Carers Network and Fertility Network) providing a safe and confidential space for people to come together.
  • You have the opportunity to get involved in different Parkinson’s UK events through volunteering opportunities
  • You’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme on 3% employees and 6% employers contributions which is a total of 9%. 
  • We operate an opt-in salary exchange scheme, offering you the ability to exchange part of your gross salary for pension contributions giving you tax and National Insurance savings. 
  • We offer an enhanced arrangement on the statutory entitlement for maternity, adoption and shared parental pay. This is 8 weeks at full pay and 18 weeks at half pay dependent on your qualifying service. 
  • We offer 2 weeks full paternity pay, dependent on your qualifying service. 
  • We offer an interest-free season ticket loan, so you can buy an advance ticket, once or twice a year, and benefit from the cost savings.
  • As part of our death in service cover, we’ll pay 4 times your salary, if you’re aged between 16 and 70, from your first day of employment. 
  • We’re proud to offer learning opportunities that enhance your knowledge of our community and foster your career development and growth, including role specific training and an all staff learning programme. 
  • We partner with an external G-Suite specialist so all of our staff have access to the right learning, no matter what their level of expertise and experience. 
  • We offer management development programmes that equip our managers and aspiring managers with the skills and knowledge to thrive.
  • To support individual learning, we offer interest-free educational loans and this can be supported with continued learning. 
  • We host a series of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Wellbeing workshops, often delivered by external speakers.

Current vacancies

Want to join Parkinson’s UK? Head to our recruitment site to see our vacancies.