Activity volunteer - Canterbury
To help set up specific activities in the local area.
15 hours per month
What the role involves
As an activity volunteer you may do any of the following:
- promote exercise activities/therapies suitable for people with Parkinson's in the area
- ensure the activity takes place on a set day and time, keeps to time and that those attending are warmly welcomed
- work with the chosen venue effectively, for example making block room bookings, ensuring the room is set up appropriately, ensuring everyone who wants to access the venue can do so, and clearing away
What you could get out of volunteering
As an activity volunteer, you will:
- gain considerably from meeting new people and forging friendships and connections in your area
- enable those affected by Parkinson's to access support in their area
- gain experience in the activity that you are providing
What we’re looking for and why
In order to fulfil this role, you will:
- have excellent communication skills and a friendly attitude, as you will be working with a wide range of people
- be patient and empathetic, in order to deal with sensitive issues and needs
- be willing to listen and respond tactfully to the views and feedback of others, ensuring that it is shared with Parkinson's UK staff when appropriate
FIND OUT MORE
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email email@example.com.
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.