Our innovation grants explore bold new ideas that could lead to exciting breakthroughs in the causes, treatment and cure of Parkinson's.
We want to fund high-risk, high-reward research that tests new and original ideas, tackling major scientific or technical hurdles in the field of Parkinson's.
The innovation grant scheme is now closed and there will be no further innovation grant rounds.
We continue to offer a diverse range of research grants to support researchers at every stage of their careers.
Purpose and duration
Innovation grants are offered for up to £35,000 for a maximum of 12 months.
Innovative research might include:
- examining the delivery of healthcare services to people with Parkinson's
- exploring bold new ideas that could lay the foundations for bigger studies in the future
- developing practical improvements for the lives of people with Parkinson's and their carers
Research proposals must have a solid rationale. But they do not require a significant level of preliminary data.
Innovation grants promise potentially remarkable outcomes that could revolutionise Parkinson's research.
We encourage applications from basic scientists, clinicians and healthcare professionals.
This includes physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, alternative therapists, nurses and practitioners.
Applications should not be the next logical step of previous work. If successful, proposals should generate breakthrough discoveries and open exciting avenues of investigation.
Innovation grant applications must be sufficiently innovative to be considered. Please note, if your application does not meet the specific criteria you will be notified and it will not be sent out for review.
Please read the following before completing an application:
- Innovation grants - information for UK applicants (PDF, 116KB)
- Policy for researchers on data management and sharing (PDF, 40KB)
- Guidance for researchers: Developing a data management and sharing plan (PDF, 55KB)
- Our policy on open access publishing
Find out about our latest research projects.
Terms and conditions
Once a grant has been awarded and accepted, the grantholder and host institution are bound by our Research grant terms and conditions (PDF, 72KB).
How to apply
Applications for all research grants must be made via our online application system.
Rounds open 2 months before each deadline.
For more information about application processes and deadlines, contact [email protected].