Assemble is our new volunteer hub. With a range of functions, it's your go-to place to get the most out of volunteering with Parkinson's UK. You can see other volunteers in your area, download presentation templates, find out about the latest opportunities to have your say and much more.
At Parkinson’s UK we are committed to making our volunteer's experience as enjoyable, purposeful and rewarding as possible. We are also committed to meeting national levels of good practice in volunteer management standards. The following policies and agreements set out how, together, as volunteers and staff, we can make this happen, and the support you can expect from the charity in your volunteer role.
- Volunteering Policy (PDF, 205KB)
- Volunteer Agreement (PDF, 120KB)
- Problem solving policy and procedure (PDF, 343KB)
- Safe driving and vehicle policy (PDF, 240KB)
- Volunteer Gifts and Hospitality policy (Word, 914KB)
- Policy statement on involving people with criminal records as volunteers (PDF, 185KB)
All Parkinson's UK volunteers are entitled to claim reasonable, actual, out-of-pocket expenses incurred while volunteering. We are committed to ensuring no volunteer is left out of pocket
- Volunteer expenses policy (PDF, 308KB)
- Volunteer expenses FAQ (PDF, 253KB)
- Volunteer expense claim form (Excel, 86KB)
Staying connected, safely
While face to face volunteering is on hold, we want to support you to stay in touch with those you volunteer with, members of your local group, or other people in your community. We've updated our resources to support you to stay connected - safely.
Looking for a new volunteering challenge?
Check out our current volunteering vacancies. With everything from cheering at events to taking part in research, there's a role for you.