Whether you’ve been volunteering with Parkinson’s UK for years, or you’re about to start a new role, we’re committed to making your experience as enjoyable and rewarding as possible. On this page, you'll find instructions for claiming an expense, your volunteer induction training and guidance on using Assemble.
What is Assemble?
Assemble is our volunteer hub to help you make the most of volunteering. You can see other volunteers in your area, update your contact details, catch up on the latest news and much more.
We're committed to offering a quality experience to everyone who volunteers with Parkinson's UK. The following policies are here to support your volunteering.
Getting started with volunteering
- Volunteering Policy (PDF, 205KB)
- Volunteer Agreement (PDF, 120KB)
- Policy statement on involving people with criminal records as volunteers (PDF, 185KB
Supporting you in your role
- Spectrum.Life wellbeing service: access for volunteers (PDF, 116KB)
- Problem solving policy and procedure (PDF, 343KB)
- Volunteer Gifts and Hospitality policy (PDF, 226KB)
All Parkinson's UK volunteers are entitled to claim reasonable expenses incurred while volunteering.
- Volunteer expenses policy (PDF, 207KB)
- Volunteer expenses FAQ (PDF, 96KB)
- Volunteer expense claim form (Excel, 86KB)
These documents are to help you if you're a volunteer or member of your local group who has any safeguarding concerns.
You can also contact the designated protection officer by calling 0344 225 9853 or email [email protected].
Whatever your motivation for volunteering, we want to support you to get the most from your role. Our volunteer induction covers everything you need to get started in four simple modules. Our volunteer induction explains:
- what we do and what Parkinson's is
- the support on offer to volunteers
- the policies and practicalities of volunteering.
We want to help you keep data safe and secure while you're volunteering. Whether it's someone's name, photograph or contact details, we want to make sure you feel confident processing and managing personal data. We have advanced data protection training, as well answers to some of your frequently asked questions.