How our helpline can support you
Our helpline is a free confidential service providing support to anyone affected by Parkinson's.
Our trained advisers, including specialist Parkinson's nurses, can provide information and advice about all aspects of living with Parkinson's, such as:
- medical issues, including symptoms and treatments
- employment and benefits
- health and social care
- emotional support
- local activities
- signposting to other sources of information
They can also put you in touch with a Parkinson's adviser if you need more local or in-depth support.
- Monday to Friday: 9am to 6pm
- Saturday: 10am to 2pm
Our helpline is closed on Sundays and bank holidays.
Christmas opening times
- Saturday 23 December: 10am to 1pm
- Sunday 24 December, Christmas Eve: Closed
- Monday 25 December, Christmas Day: Closed
- Tuesday 26 December, Boxing Day: Closed
- Wednesday 27 December: 10am to 1pm
- Thursday 28 December: 10am to 1pm
- Friday 29 December: 10am to 1pm
- Saturday 30 December: 10am to 1pm
- Sunday 31 December, New Years Eve: Closed
- Monday 1 January, New Years Day: Closed
- Tuesday 2 January: 9am to 6pm, normal opening hours resume.
What my local Parkinson's adviser means to me
"The stress, the worry - it was making me ill.
"It was Vicky who kept putting things back into perspective, and saying 'Don't worry, we'll sort this out.' She was always there for me," says Diane.
In this video, Diane talks about the support she gets from her Parkinson's adviser.
Common questions about our advisers and helpline
Parkinson's advisers have a wide range of knowledge and expertise about Parkinson's.
Tell us what you think about our helpline and Parkinson's advisers
We regularly review the service we offer and strive to improve it wherever we can. An essential part of this review involves seeking the opinions of people who use the helpline.
If you would like to send us any comments or suggestions, please contact Tim Moore, our Service Operations Manager:
- Email: [email protected]
- Write to: Tim Moore, Service Operation Manager, Parkinson's UK, 215 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 1EJ
Our helpline complaints policy below tells you what you can do if you're not satisfied with the service received.