Money, grants and benefits

If you have Parkinson's or care for someone who does, you might be worried about your money and finances.

But there is support available, so it's important to find out what you're entitled to.

To find out what benefits and grants you're entitled to, you can:

You can also contact:

What we’re fighting for

We’re supporting and sticking up for people with Parkinson’s. 

Health, social care, and benefits must meet your needs. Right now, it’s clear that not everyone’s needs are being met. So, we're listening to your concerns and experiences, and we're talking to the relevant governments and organisations. We demand they take action, to make sure you’re treated fairly.

Benefits and Parkinson's

Janet has Parkinson's and relies on her specially built car to help her get around. But when her mobility allowance was stopped, she thought she might lose her car.

Hear about Janet's experience in our short video.

Universal Credit

Over the next few years, Universal Credit will replace 6 existing means-tested benefits with a single monthly payment. 

Personal Independence Payment

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) has replaced Disability Living Allowance for people between the ages of 16 and State Pension age. If you are State Pension age or over and have care or supervision needs, you may be able to claim Attendance Allowance instead. 

Employment and Support Allowance

You may be eligible for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) if your ability to work is limited because of ill health or disability. 

Helpline and local advisers

Our helpline and Parkinson's local advisers are here to answer any questions you have about money, grants and benefits.

Call us on 0808 800 0303.