The Local Group Directory is a guide to help local groups provide the best possible support to people living with Parkinson's.
The Local Group Rules help local groups operate in a clear and consistent way.
There is one printed copy per local group available. Contact the Local Networks team for a copy on [email protected] or 020 7963 3929.
You can also download them below.
- Local Group Directory (PDF, 4.6MB)
- Local Group Rules (PDF, 376KB)
- Additions to the Local Group Rules, October 2020 (PDF, 146KB). This document includes governance additions to the Local Group Rules effective from October 2020.
You can order a range of different resources and products to help support the running of your group.
Read information online or download our resources about Parkinson's on the information and support section of our website.
We produce information on all aspects of life with Parkinson's, in a range of formats and languages. Many of the topics on our information and support pages are also available as leaflets. These can be ordered free of charge if you live in the UK, from the information section of our online shop.
Our online shop also stocks a range of branded products and daily living aids. Local groups are eligible for a discount on some of these products.
For the order form with the discounted prices on, please contact [email protected].
There are a number of resources that you can order to help support your group's fundraising. Please contact [email protected] if you are looking for a specific item, for example a collection bucket.
These risk assessment forms are designed to help branches and support groups risk assess an activity, and identify and deal with potential hazards which could cause harm.
For any questions or concerns about risk assessments or insurance matters, please contact our Facilities Manager, Sonia Newsam, on 020 7963 9395 or email [email protected]
- Volunteer activity committee/group home meeting venue risk assessment form (Word, 246KB)
- Volunteer activity outings risk assessment form (Word, 250KB)
- Volunteer activity events risk assessment form (Word, 265KB)
- Volunteer activity events risk assessment form EXAMPLE (Word, 271KB)
- Volunteer activity holiday risk assessment form (Word, 252KB)
- Volunteer activity holiday risk assessment form EXAMPLE (Word, 258KB)
- Volunteer activity meeting venue risk assessment form (Word, 271KB)
- Volunteer activity street collection risk assessment form (Word, 258KB)
- Incident reporting form (Word, 387KB)
- Disclaimer form (PDF, 162KB)
- Wii Fit disclaimer form (PDF, 166KB)
For more information about any of the above resources please email [email protected]
Data handling guidance
Local groups must ensure that they comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Our Data Handling Guidance (Word, 22KB) tells you everything you need to know about GDPR, and the key things local groups need to consider.
Our consent guidance for local groups (Word, 32KB) outlines what we mean by consent and what it means for local groups.
We've also put together the following documents to assist you with getting your local group members to re-consent.
- Re-consent letter for local groups (Word, 403KB)
- Local group consent form (PDF, 46KB)
- Local group consent form for new attendees (PDF, 46KB)
Local group reports
We need to change the way that we provide you with local group reports in order to comply with GDPR.
We've put together a list of local group reports FAQs (Word, 20KB) to explain why and how we're changing this process.
Local groups privacy notice
Download our Local Networks Privacy Notice (Word, 16KB) for more information on how we handle local group data.
Download our Privacy Notice (PDF, 95KB) for contact tracing across all four nations