Resources for local groups
If you're volunteering for one of our branches or local groups here are some of the documents and resources you'll need.
Marketing recipe book
The marketing recipe book gives you everything you need, from messaging to materials, in order to talk to different types of people about Parkinson's.
You can order the materials in this book by downloading the order form below, calling 0300 123 3689 or emailing [email protected].
Local group guidelines and rules
The Local Group Directory is a guide to help local groups provide the best possible support to people living with Parkinson's.
The Local Group Rules help local groups operate in a clear and consistent way.
You can download them below. There is one printed copy per local group available. Contact the Local Networks team for a copy on [email protected] or 020 7963 3929.
Local group order form
Local groups can order marketing, information and fundraising materials by downloading the order form below, calling 0300 123 3689 or emailing [email protected]
Risk assessment forms for local groups
These risk assessment forms are designed to help branches and support groups risk assess an activity, identify and deal with potential hazards which could cause harm.
For any questions or concerns about risk assessments or insurance matters, please contact our Facilities Manager, Sonia Newsam, on 020 7963 9395 or email [email protected]
- Volunteer activity committee/group home meeting venue risk assessment form (Word, 246KB)
- Volunteer activity outings risk assessment form (Word, 250KB)
- Volunteer activity events risk assessment form (Word, 265KB)
- Volunteer activity events risk assessment form EXAMPLE (Word, 271KB)
- Volunteer activity holiday risk assessment form (Word, 252KB)
- Volunteer activity holiday risk assessment form EXAMPLE (Word, 258KB)
- Volunteer activity meeting venue risk assessment form (Word, 271KB)
- Volunteer activity street collection risk assessment form (Word, 258KB)
- Incident reporting form (Word, 387KB)
- Disclaimer form (PDF, 162KB)
- Wii Fit disclaimer form (PDF, 166KB)
For more information about any of the above resources please email [email protected]
Data protection for local groups
Data handling guidance
Local groups must ensure that they comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Our Data Handling Guidance (Word, 22KB) tells you everything you need to know about GDPR, and the key things local groups need to consider.
Our consent guidance for local groups (Word, 32KB) outlines what we mean by consent and what it means for local groups.
We've also put together the following documents to assist you with getting your local group members to re-consent.
- Re-consent letter for local groups (Word, 403KB)
- Local group consent form (PDF, 46KB)
- Local group consent form for new attendees (PDF, 46KB)
Local group reports
We need to change the way that we provide you with local group reports in order to comply with GDPR.
We've put together a list of local group reports FAQs (Word, 20KB) to explain why and how we're changing this process.
Local groups privacy notice
Download our Local Networks Privacy Notice (Word, 16KB) for more information on how we handle local group data.
Parkinson's UK Create
Parkinson's UK Create makes promoting your local events, activities and services quick and easy.
Tailor our branded templates to suit your needs and download them to print at home.