Shaping research, fighting for fair treatment and better services, and providing support when people need it most - Parkinson's UK volunteers are part of everything we do.
Every day, you’re putting Parkinson's UK values into action as we work side by side to find a cure, and improve life for everybody affected by Parkinson’s.
The Parkinson’s UK volunteer awards are our way of recognising and celebrating this. The awards are now closed. Our panel will be reviewing nominations throughout September and October, and we'll be in touch with everyone who made a nomination.
Winning an award will be based on stories that stand out, and really celebrate the difference volunteering makes, so the panel will be looking for:
- Details to illustrate the statements made about your nominee. For example vivid descriptions of what makes their achievements special and the difference their contribution has made.
- Media coverage, or statistics that show what your nominee has achieved. For example, rather than saying ‘she helped raise awareness of Parkinson’s’ do you have anything more detailed, such as ‘she organised sessions for 150 students to learn more about Parkinson’s'
Judging will also be based on:
- Nominations must be for an individual (sorry, no group nominations) currently recorded as volunteering with Parkinson’s UK
- Did your nominee win last year? Awards won’t be given to 2019 winners, so check the full list from 2019 here
- Nominations should recognise activity/contribution that has taken place within the last 2 years