Shaping research, fighting for fair treatment and better services, and providing support when people need it most - as Parkinson's UK volunteers, you're part of everything we do.
Every day, you’re putting Parkinson's UK values into action as we work side by side to find a cure, and improve life for everybody affected by Parkinson’s.
The Parkinson’s UK volunteer awards are our way of recognising and celebrating this. So, if you know a volunteer who has demonstrated one or more of our values in action, nominate them for an award. Our panel of volunteers and staff will review nominations once the awards close on August 31.
Tips on submitting your nomination:
The panel will be looking for stories that stand out, and really celebrate the difference volunteering makes, so these tips might help when making your nomination
- Could you give some details to illustrate the statements you have made about your nominee? For example vivid descriptions of what makes their achievements special and the difference their contribution has made.
- Do you have any media coverage, or statistics that show what your nominee has achieved? For example, rather than saying ‘she helped raise awareness of Parkinson’s’ do you have anything more detailed, such as ‘she organised sessions for 150 students to learn more about Parkinson’s’
- If your nominee is involved in a local initiative or event, have you described what it involves? The judging panel of other volunteers may not be aware of what is happening in your area.
Judging will also be based on:
- Nominations must be for an individual (sorry, no group nominations) currently recorded as volunteering with Parkinson’s UK
- Did your nominee win last year? Awards won’t be given to 2019 winners, so check the full list from 2019 here
- Nominations should recognise activity/contribution that has taken place within the last 2 years