An online course examining how to support the families and care partners of people with Parkinson's for health and social care professionals.
Event / learning type
What will participants learn?
The course focuses on the following areas:
- What is a care partner?
- The impact of Parkinson's on care partners, and the family unit
- How to identify care partners that are struggling
- The importance of including care partners and the family unit in conversations
- Types of communication with care partners
- Data protection and legal issues surrounding working with care partners
- Advice on how to support care partners and families of people living with Parkinson's
- Advice on how to support care partners and family members of different ages, for different stages of Parkinson's