An online course examining how to support the families and care partners of people with Parkinson's for health and social care professionals.
What will participants learn?
The course focuses on the following areas:
- What is a care partner?
- The impact of Parkinson's on care partners, and the family unit
- How to identify care partners that are struggling
- The importance of including care partners and the family unit in conversations
- Types of communication with care partners
- Data protection and legal issues surrounding working with care partners
- Advice on how to support care partners and families of people living with Parkinson's
- Advice on how to support care partners and family members of different ages, for different stages of Parkinson's
Please note: from 1 July 2022 you will not be able to access courses using Microsoft's Internet Explorer 11 browser