This course is for people who provide or promote physical activity and exercise to people with Parkinson's. This may be in a leisure centre, health care setting or in the community.
2 hours approx
Event / learning type
What will participants learn?
The learning units focus on the following areas:
- What Parkinson's is
- Why it's important to be active with Parkinson's
This will enable participants to:
- Recognise and appreciate key Parkinson's symptoms
- Know how Parkinson's is diagnosed and managed
- Know why it is important for people with Parkinson's to be active and exercise
- Know the barriers and motivators to being active and exercising
- Apply the learning to make physical activity and exercise more accessible for people with Parkinson's.