NICE Parkinson's disease quality standard [QS164]
This quality standard covers the management of Parkinson's in adults. It does not include treatment of parkinsonism not caused by Parkinson's. It describes high-quality care in priority areas for improvement.
The standard provides a set of statements. These statements will help improve your services and treatment of people with Parkinson's.
The statements cover:
- point of contact with specialist services
- information about impulse control disorders
- referral to physiotherapy, occupational therapy or speech and language therapy
- levodopa in hospital or a care home
- access to clozapine for treating hallucinations and delusions
Who is the quality standard for?
Commissioners of health and care services and professionals.