This NHS England toolkit provides expert practical advice around commissioning services and treating people with progressive neurological conditions.
- Access to multi-disciplinary teams
- Inpatient care and medicines management
- Service improvement
- Standardising assessments
- Treatments and medication
- Business cases
- Case studies
- All professions
The NHS RightCare system toolkit is designed to support systems to understand the priorities in care for people living with various progressive neurological conditions.
The toolkit covers the following neurological conditions:
- multiple sclerosis
- motor neurone disease
- atypical parkinsonisms - multiple system atrophy, progressive supranuclear palsy and corticobasal degeneration.
The toolkit provides the opportunity to assess and benchmark current systems to find opportunities for improvement. Each priority has supporting slides that contain 'key areas of focus' and 'actions to take'.
The toolkit has been produced with reference to an expert group of stakeholders (including Parkinson's UK) and wider consultation has taken place with patient representatives, clinicians, professional bodies and other key stakeholders.