This free 15-minute online, interactive short course about Parkinson's has been designed specifically for occupational therapists.
Who is the course for?
All occupational therapists.
How does it work?
This 15-minute course provides a background to understanding Parkinson’s and discusses specific aspects of the condition that are of direct relevance to health professionals working in occupational therapy. This course has been developed to assist occupational therapists in continuing to support people with Parkinson’s, as effectively as possible.
What will participants learn?
The course covers the following areas:
- What Parkinson’s is
- Symptoms and occupational therapy management
- Standard assessments and best practice resources
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the role of the OT in the management of Parkinson's
- Teach cognitive strategies for non-motor symptoms of Parkinson's
- Advise and teach strategies for ADL management