Learn how to improve function, quality of life and long-term exercise behaviour in people with Parkinson's.
This course gives you the foundations to apply core concepts of the intensive and neuro-active PD Warrior exercise approach immediately in your sessions.
You'll get the latest evidence showing the importance of exercise and why effective prescription is so important.
By the end of the course you will understand:
- the latest evidence underpinning intensive and neuro-active exercise prescription
- the pathophysiology of Parkinson's
- how to tailor exercise effectively for the 3 different types of Parkinson's
- the 7 core principles of neuroplasticity and how to implement them effectively
- how to create an enriched and motivating exercise environment
- how to empower your patients and create long-term exercise behaviours
This online course has 5 modules.
Each module includes webinar content, literature and a quiz. You should expect this course to take around 15 hours to complete.
You will have 8 weeks to complete the course. This course is a pre-requisite to completing Level 2 practical workshops.
Find out more about the Level 1 Introductory Online Course on the PD Warrior website.
Find out more about the UK locations and dates for the Level 2 Practical Course on the PD Warrior website.
To connect with PD Warrior Headquarters email [email protected].