Let's shape the future of Parkinson's together
In 2013 thousands of you shared the things that would make the biggest difference to your life with Parkinson's.
Now we need your help again, to think beyond 2020 and shape the future of Parkinson's together.
In 2013 we used your thoughts to create a strategy, not just for Parkinson's UK, but for the condition as a whole.
We formed 3 goals that are the focus of the 2015-19 strategy for Parkinson's:
- better treatments and a cure faster
- quality health and social care services as standard
- empowerment to take control
Our progress so far
Since then there's been some real progress:
- We launched the Parkinson's Virtual Biotech, our drug development arm, to speed up new treatments.
- We created a UK-wide Excellence Network, with wide-ranging support for health and social care professionals to collaborate and drive improvements in Parkinson's care.
- We delivered 137 self-management programmes, empowering more than 1500 people to take control of life with Parkinson's.
A lot has changed in the outside world too, bringing new challenges and opportunities.
So what's next?
We're starting to think beyond 2020, and we want to hear from people living with Parkinson's and their family and friends about what could transform life with the condition.
This is your chance to help shape the future of Parkinson's. Visit parkinsons.commonplace.is to share what is most important to you, and find out more about the progress we've already made together.
Would you like to hear from us by email?
Sign up to receive emails from us, and you'll keep up to date with how we're working to find a cure and improve life for everyone affected by Parkinson's.