You can help improve life for people with Parkinson’s, and the people in their lives, by donating your small value shares.
If you have shares that are uneconomical to sell, you can support Parkinson’s UK. Donate your shares to ShareGift, the share donation charity, and suggest Parkinson’s UK as a beneficiary.
How it works
ShareGift is an independent UK registered charity which specialises in releasing money locked up in small shareholdings, but can accept donations of any size.
ShareGift works by collecting together small lots of shares until there are enough to sell. They then donate the resulting proceeds to a wide range of charities based on suggestions from donors.
To date, ShareGift has donated over £35m to more than 3,000 charities, including Parkinson’s UK.
Find more information on how this works on the ShareGift website.
Why donate shares?
- You don’t have to pay any capital gains tax on any shares you donate.
- You can claim income tax relief on the value of the gift.
- It’s simple, easy and ShareGift will help you through the process.
- Lots of small shares can cost more to sell than what they are worth, but ShareGift can release the value when collected together.
- The shares you donate will help to bring the next big breakthrough closer.