If you're struggling to fund activities, equipment or respite care, we may be able to help. If you meet the criteria, you could be eligible for a Parkinson’s UK Personal Grant.
There will be 2 funding rounds in 2023:
- Round 1 opens on Monday 16 January and closes on Friday 2 June.
- Round 2 opens on Monday 3 July and closes on Friday 8 December.
You will be told the outcome from our Grants team within 12 weeks of us receiving your application. Applications received after the closing dates will not be considered for funding and can’t be carried forward to the next round.
We can only accept applications sent to us on the new 2023 round 2 form linked below. There is also some updated guidance for applicants:
Who can apply
If you're living with Parkinson's you can apply for an amount up to £1,500 to fund electrical items, respite care, specialist equipment or activities.
To qualify you must:
- have Parkinson's or another form of progressive parkinsonism
- be a carer of someone with Parkinson's who isn't paid for their caring role (we don't count Carer's Allowance as being paid)
- have household savings less than £6,000 if you apply for up to £500
- have household savings less than £16,000 if you apply for more than £500.
We're committed to offering grants to people with Parkinson's, and the people who love and care for them, who are in the greatest financial need.
What we fund
- Activities: you can receive a maximum grant of £250 if your household savings are less than £6,000.
- Electrical items: you can receive a maximum grant of £500 if your household savings are less than £6,000. Grants for electrical items are limited to 1 application per household.
- Respite care: you can receive a maximum grant of £1,000 if your household savings are less than £16,000. Grants for respite care are limited to 1 application per household.
- Specialist equipment or home adaptation: you can receive a maximum grant of £1,500 if your household savings are less than £16,000. Grants for specialist equipment or home adaptation are limited to 1 application per household.
What we don't fund
We don't fund holidays, long-term financial commitments or daily living costs. We won’t consider applications to fund items that you've already paid for, or committed to pay for.
We don't fund items or respite where funding should be available from the government or from your local authority.
Other grants and benefits available
If you don't qualify for a Parkinson's UK Grant, take a look at the Turn2us Benefits Calculator and Grants Search for information about other sources of grant funding for people with Parkinson's and the people who love and care for them.
Helpline and advisers
From employment and benefits, to emotional support. Our helpline and Parkinson's advisers are here to answer any questions you have.
Call us on 0808 800 0303.