IG is our set of multi-disciplinary structures, policies, procedures, processes and controls implemented to manage information at an organisational level, and designed to support regulatory, legal, risk, environmental and operational requirements.
Our information governance framework ensures that the charity:
- treats information as a valuable asset
- maintains compliance with relevant UK and European Union legislation
- has in place policies, procedures and guidelines designed to support appropriate information handling and management
- demonstrates organisational commitment by setting out roles and responsibilities of staff and volunteers
- has in place appropriately trained staff and volunteers
The IG reporting structure is illustrated below: