This training is solely for teams of health and social care staff. If you have the facilities for your team to receive this learning please complete the enquiry form via the 'apply now' button on this page.
This free 1-hour live webinar will give a solid introduction to Parkinson's for staff in nursing and care homes and home care agencies.
What will participants learn?
At the end of the course, staff will:
- have better knowledge and understanding of Parkinson's
- know the needs of people living with Parkinson's, particularly in a care or nursing home environment
- understand how best to care for people with Parkinson's
- recognise the resources available, including Parkinson's UK, to improve the quality of life of people with Parkinson's and their carers
- have evaluated their own practice and care of people with Parkinson's
Who is the course for?
Teams of staff in nursing and care homes, and domiciliary and home care agencies.
Quotes from course attendees
After attending our virtual volunteer education programme, we ask our course attendees to complete a feedback survey. In answer to the question "Please expand on how you will use this training you have learned within your practice and what impact this will have on someone you may care for", health and social care staff have said:
- "When I ask somebody with Parkinson's a question, give more time to allow them to answer"
- "Staff are more aware of the need for correct timings of medication"
- "Very useful and helpful to me as I work in the medical ward. It is highly recommended! Thank you so much"
- "This training has helped me to realise that there are far more symptoms to Parkinson's that I first thought, enabling me to understand how to provide a better person-centred approach to an individual"