This free online course teaches hospital staff about Parkinson's symptoms, treatments and the importance of medication timing.
How does it work?
You will be able to read, watch and listen to multimedia and interactive resources on Parkinson's and the importance of medication timing in hospitals. You will then take an assessment (multiple choice quiz) to demonstrate what you have learnt.
You can log in to this self-directed learning at any time to work through the learning course and assessment at a pace that suits you.
A certificate is available to download once you have passed the assessment, which gives 1 CPD point.
The course and assessment should take between 1 and 2 hours to complete.
What will participants learn?
The course focuses on the following areas:
- What is Parkinson's?
- The symptoms of Parkinson's.
- Treatments for Parkinson's.
- Why medicine should be given on time.
These will enable participants to:
- recognise and appreciate key Parkinson's symptoms
- improve their practice in caring for people with Parkinson's
- improve their practice in the management of Parkinson's
- understand why it is vital that Parkinson's medication is given on time
Participants will finish the course with a good overview of Parkinson's and the knowledge to support improvement of their practice and that of their colleagues.
Who is the course for?
All hospital staff