The Parkinson’s Excellence Network Awards celebrate outstanding health and social care services for people with Parkinson’s.
After receiving 23 award entries and undergoing a 2-stage shortlisting process with our judging panel, we are delighted to announce the following 12 finalists for the 2023 Parkinson’s Excellence Network Awards. The title of each award entry is in bold, followed by the name of the team or service and their location.
The innovation in practice award
- A collaborative approach in utilising existing NHS digital systems in novel ways to improve timely administration of Parkinson's medication in hospital
NHS Ayrshire and Arran’s nursing, pharmacy and digital service teams, Ayr, Scotland.
- A multidisciplinary, comprehensive clinic for people with complex phase Parkinson’s
Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend, Wales.
- Time Critical Medication: A quality improvement approach
Cornwall Partnership Foundation Trust, Cornwall, England.
The sharing learning and education award
- Integrating sialorrhoea (excess saliva) management into Parkinson’s services
Cardiff University and Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, Cardiff, Wales.
- Improving how we talk about Parkinson’s dementia
University College London, London, England.
- 'Connect and Conquer' – a health, community and charity embedded partnership programme to increase exercise and physical activity provision for people living with Parkinson's
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Bodmin and Active Cornwall, Bodmin and Truro, England.
- The South Manchester Parkinson's Team – a comprehensive and integrated service from diagnosis through all stages of Parkinson's
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, Wythenshawe, England.
- Co-designed Parkinson's awareness podcast for undergraduate student nurses in Northern Ireland
Queen’s University Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Developing capacity to provide sustainable physical activity opportunities for people with Parkinson’s
Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen and NHS Tayside, Scotland.
The Community support award
- The Get Started Programme – it's more than just online exercise!
Reach Your Peak and 1FitLife, UK-wide.
- Fighting back against Parkinson's
Bigger & Better, Warwick, England.
- A national education and peer support network for professionals, enhancing the community exercise experience for those with Parkinson's across the UK
The Exercise Hub, UK-wide.
Sadly, we did not receive enough nominations for the Person centred approach award to move this category forward to the shortlist stage.
Alongside their award, one winner will also be announced as the winner of the excellence award, considered by the judges to be the outstanding entry across all categories.
The Awards ceremony, which will take place on Wednesday 22 November at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens, will also announce the winners of the people’s choice award and the lifetime achievement award.
Register to watch the Awards ceremony virtually
Join us live from the awards ceremony from 9pm on Wednesday 22 November, to see which of our finalists will emerge as winners! Book your free ticket below to watch the live stream on the night.