Benefits for people who have a disability, or care for someone who does

You can claim benefits to help with the extra costs you may face if you have Parkinson's, or if you care for someone with the condition.


They're not means-tested, which means they're not normally affected by any other income or savings you might have. You may be able to claim:

  • Attendance Allowance if you're State Pension age and you have an illness or disability which means you need help with your personal care or safety.

  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP) if you need extra help with day-to-day activities or have trouble getting around due to your health or condition.

  • Carer's Allowance if you regularly spend 35 hours a week or more caring for someone with substantial care needs. 

If you're over State Pension age and have a health condition or disability such as Parkinson's, or care for someone who does, you may also be able to claim:

You can use the Government's State Pension calculator to find out your State Pension age.

There is help at hand

If you're worried about money or the current cost of living, we can help you understand what financial support is available and make sure you’re claiming what you’re entitled to.

Feeling in control of your finances is incredibly important for your mental and physical health, especially if you have Parkinson’s.

From benefits to grants to loans, find out more about what support is available