To extend DBS research and connect DBS specialists across the UK.
Read the latest meeting report from the 17 January 2019.
The National UK Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Network is a forum for DBS Neurologists, neurosurgeons, specialist nurses and trainees to share and disseminate best clinical and research practice. We discuss national guidelines, service developments, DBS research proposals, complex clinical matters and it is a platform for teaching new DBS developments.
A successful January 2019 meeting discussed work on:
- segmented and directional leads
- studies on impulsive/compulsive behaviour
- patient reported and carer reported outcome measures
- experience with MR-guided DBS
- focused ultrasound therapy for tremor
Working groups are being arranged in 2019 to look at issues around:
- Development of a UK DBS Registry
- A DBS research working group to assess feasibility of a research study
- Teaching and training opportunities, particularly opportunities to develop clinical neurology DBS training fellowships
For more details on getting involved with the working groups, which are open to existing and new UK DBS Network members, please contact [email protected].