The Movement Disorder Society-Sponsored Revision of the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (MDS-UPDRS) is a comprehensive 50 question assessment of both motor and non-motor symptoms associated with Parkinson's.
- Service improvement
- Treatments and medication
- Doctor (Geriatrician)
- Doctor (Neurologist)
- Nurse (Parkinson's nurse)
- End of life
The MDS-UPDRS features sections that require independent completion by people affected by Parkinson's and their carers, and sections to be completed by the clinician.
- Part 1: non-motor experiences of daily living
- Part 2: motor experiences of daily living
- Part 3: motor examination
- Part 4: motor complications
(Goetz et al 2008)
The MDS requires a ratings scales permissions request form to be completed and submitted, with fees where applicable, before working with these tools.