Excellence Network Awards
The Excellence Network Awards recognise outstanding health and social care services for people affected by Parkinson's.
The 2019 Awards ceremony will form part of the first UK Parkinson’s Excellence Network conference. Conference registrations are now open.
People with Parkinson's were invited to nominate teams they had received excellent care from; and services that work with people with Parkinson's could enter themselves for an award.
Award nominations and service entries have now closed. See the awards timeline below for what happens next.
The Excellence Network is looking to recognise services that:
- put the person at the centre of everything they do
- link people to the right professionals to address their specific needs
- work with other services to make sure care is integrated and joined up
- ensure people get the information they need at the right time, from diagnosis onwards
- listen to and use feedback from people affected by Parkinson's to make sure services are focused on the people using them
- support people to take control so that they make the most of their life with Parkinson's
- use evidence and education to improve standards of care
- support people to get involved in research
- share their good practice with others so it can be replicated elsewhere
By showcasing services delivering great practices like these, others can draw inspiration and initiate their own improvements.
Awards timeline and further information
2019 Awards timeline
- Deadline for nominations was Thursday 31 January 2019
- Deadline for entries was Thursday 28 February 2019
- Judging to take place in March 2019 with finalists contacted by the end of the month
- Finalists are to be announced in April 2019
- The Excellence Network Awards ceremony will take place at the first Excellence Network Conference on 16 May 2019
Who is on the judging panel?
The Excellence Network Awards committee will consider all completed applications from services that have submitted the required entry information.
The judging panel will consist of professionals with leadership roles in the Excellence Network, Parkinson's UK staff members and people affected by Parkinson's.
What are the judging criteria?
Entries will be assessed on how they deliver the quality criteria the Excellence Network believes should be standard throughout the UK.
All entries will be judged against the following criteria:
- demonstration of a clear link between issue, service provision and impact - evidence of an issue being addressed by the service and of tangible differences being experienced by the people using the service, with examples of feedback
- evidence that the input of people affected by Parkinson's has been critical to the development and implementation of the service or initiative
- consideration and insight into how the service's great practice has been or could be replicated more widely. This might include making tools more widely available or joint working with other services
Preference will be given to entries that address the Excellence Network priority challenges identified by the 2017 UK Parkinson's Audit.
How can I help to spread the word?
Tell people about the awards - whether that's people living with Parkinson's or professionals who provide the services.
On social media, use #parkinsonsexcellence
Have a question about the awards?
If you have a question about any aspect of the awards, please contact the Excellence Network Awards team on 020 7963 3931 or [email protected].
The 2018 Excellence Network Awards
Find out about the work of the 2018 Excellence Network Awards winners.
Let's keep in touch
Sign up to the Excellence Network newsletter to get the latest news, training, resources and events for professionals.