Get in touch
To contact your local Network, email [email protected] stating:
- the Local Parkinson's Excellence Network you want to join
- the area you are based in, including postcode
- your job role
Local Parkinson's Excellence Network achievements
Paul Worth, Neurologist with Cambridge University Hospitals, led the East of England Local Parkinson's Excellence Network from 2015-2019.
The Network embarked on a comprehensive project to create improvements across the emergency department resulting in:
- specific nil by mouth guideline for Parkinson's
- education for staff
- improved access to Parkinson's drugs
- improvements in access to pharmacy services and Parkinson's nurse
- improvements in transfer of care to wards, or discharge
Paul Worth also led the working group which developed the medicines optimisation consensus statement.
Basecamp: your Network, your way
The East of England Local Parkinson's Excellence Network uses the online collaboration platform, Basecamp, for virtual networking, project work and sharing resources.
You'll be invited to register on Basecamp when you ask to join the Local Excellence Network. Get in touch at [email protected].