Coronavirus resources for professionals
Below are professional coronavirus resources from health and social care staff, professional organisations and specialist groups. Many are open access, but some will require member registration.
The resources are designed to support health and social care professionals to treat patients, and to take care of their own health and wellbeing.
For patient support see:
- Understanding Parkinson's and coronavirus - a regularly updated information and support page
- Consultation checklist for isolating patients
- Getting the most from a phone or video appointment - information and helpful tips for people with Parkinson's. Includes a link to AbilityNet, a free service that can assist people with disabilities to get digitally connected. Health and social care professionals can make direct referrals to them (providing as much information as possible, including stating whether contact details are for referee or patient).
- New patient therapy telephone assessment form for isolating patients
- Telephone assessment review checklist for existing patients who are isolating
- Template patient information sheet for phone-led Parkinson's clinics
- Guidance for delivering exercise remotely for people with Parkinson's
- FAQ: APO-go® (apomorphine hydrochloride) therapies during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Monthly Parkinson's nurses webinar, every last Thursday of the month at 4pm
- Email [email protected] for Zoom meeting details
- Led by Miriam Parry, Senior Parkinson's Nurse Specialist, King's College Hospital, London
- Parkinson's Academy regular live webinars which can be watched on demand
- British Dietetic Association: COVID-19 / Coronavirus advice for dietitians
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapists: information for members about the coronavirus outbreak
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists Coronavirus (COVID-19): information, support and open access resources
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Public Health England: COVID-19: how to work safely in care homes
- British Geriatric Society: Managing the COVID-19 pandemic in care homes
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE): Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for social care
- Care Provider Alliance: Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
- Advice for the adult social care sector on using technology during Covid-19
- Association of British Neurologists (ABN): COVID-19 guidance and advice
- British Geriatric Society resource series: Coronavirus and older people, including Coronavirus: Managing delirium in confirmed and suspected cases
- International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society Covid-19 pandemic statement, references and resources
- British Medical Association: COVID-19 Hub
- Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP): Coronavirus (COVID-19), including RGCP Learning COVID-19 Resource Hub
- Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh: COVID-19 Hub
- Royal College of Physicians London: The RCP and COVID-19 (includes guidance for doctors and other healthcare professionals)
- NHSx: COVID-19 information governance advice - includes information for health and care professionals, and the social care sector, on how to manage and share information appropriately and enable remote working.
- Parkinson's: New patient therapy telephone assessment form for isolating patients .
- Parkinson's: Telephone assessment review checklist for existing patients who are isolating.
- Parkinson's: Template patient information sheet for phone-led Parkinson's clinics.
- Parkinson's: Guidance for professionals delivering exercise remotely to people with Parkinson's.