Coronavirus resources for professionals
Below are professional coronavirus resources from health and social care staff, professional organisations and specialist groups. Many are open access, but some will require member registration.
The resources are designed to support health and social care professionals to treat patients, and to take care of their own health and wellbeing.
For patient support see:
- Understanding Parkinson's and coronavirus - a regularly updated information and support page
- Parkinson's and coronavirus: your questions answered - a free print booklet for people without internet access
- Consultation checklist for isolating patients
- European Parkinson's Disease Association: important information about Covid-19 (includes links to resources from other organisations)
- Getting the most from a phone or video appointment - information and helpful tips for people with Parkinson's. Includes a link to AbilityNet, a free service that can assist people with disabilities to get digitally connected. Health and social care professionals can make direct referrals to them (providing as much information as possible, including stating whether contact details are for referee or patient).
- New patient therapy telephone assessment form for isolating patients
- Telephone assessment review checklist for existing patients who are isolating
- Template patient information sheet for phone-led Parkinson's clinics
- Guidance for delivering exercise remotely for people with Parkinson's
- FAQ: APO-go® (apomorphine hydrochloride) therapies during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Fortnightly Parkinson's nurses webinar, every second Thursday at 4pm
- Email [email protected] for Zoom meeting details
- Led by Miriam Parry, Senior Parkinson's Disease Nurse Specialist, King's College Hospital, London
- Parkinson's Academy regular live webinars which can be watched on demand
- Parkinson's nurse organisations: Statement supporting continued access to Parkinson's services through the COVID-19 pandemic
- British Dietetic Association: COVID-19 / Coronavirus advice for dietitians
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapists: information for members about the coronavirus outbreak
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists Coronavirus (COVID-19): information, support and open access resources
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Public Health England: COVID-19: how to work safely in care homes
- British Geriatric Society: Managing the COVID-19 pandemic in care homes
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE): Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for social care
- Care Provider Alliance: Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
- Advice for the adult social care sector on using technology during Covid-19
- Association of British Neurologists (ABN): COVID-19 guidance and advice
- Starting the Restart: ABN Guidance on recommencing neurology services in the recovery phase of the COVID-19 pandemic - released 21 May 2020
- British Geriatric Society resource series: Coronavirus and older people, including Coronavirus: Managing delirium in confirmed and suspected cases
- International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society Covid-19 pandemic statement, references and resources
- British Medical Association: COVID-19 Hub
- Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP): Coronavirus (COVID-19), including RGCP Learning COVID-19 Resource Hub
- Royal College of Physician Edinburgh: COVID-19 Hub
- Royal College of Physicians London: The RCP and COVID-19 (includes guidance for doctors and other healthcare professionals)
- NHS England: Clinical guide for the management of remote
consultations and remote working in secondary
care during the coronavirus pandemic (March 2020).
- NHSx: COVID-19 information governance advice - includes information for health and care professionals, and the social care sector, on how to manage and share information appropriately and enable remote working.
- Parkinson's: New patient therapy telephone assessment form for isolating patients .
- Parkinson's: Telephone assessment review checklist for existing patients who are isolating.
- Parkinson's: Template patient information sheet for phone-led Parkinson's clinics.
- Parkinson's: Guidance for professionals delivering exercise remotely to people with Parkinson's.