Since 2015, the UK Parkinson’s Excellence Network has been bringing together health and social care professionals to transform care for the Parkinson’s community.
We know that great care is already out there, and continuing to happen despite the challenges presented by 2020 and 2021.
The Excellence Network Awards recognise the hard work and resilience of outstanding individuals, teams and services that make a difference to people with Parkinson’s, and the people who love and care for them. We'll also reflect on 5 years of the Excellence Network.
Can't make the date? Don't worry. If you can't make the live event, you can still access the recorded content for 30 days after the event date.
You can book your tickets for both the Excellence Network Awards and the Excellence Network Conference through the same link below. There are further instructions on how to register on the site through this link.
Awards entries are now closed
What else do I need to know?
- Midnight, Wednesday 30 June: deadline for nominations
- Friday 6 August: deadline for Stage 1 Awards entry abstracts
- Early August: stage 1 of the Awards entry shortlisting
- Mid-August: invites for stage 2 of the awards e-poster sent out
- Friday 10 September: stage 2 awards e-poster deadline (invite only)
- Mid-September: judging to take place
- Early October 2021: finalists contacted
- October 2021: finalists announced
- Thursday 28 October 2021: The Excellence Network Awards ceremony will take place online.
The Excellence Network Awards committee will consider all completed applications from services that have submitted the required entry information.
The committee is made up of professionals from across the multi-disciplinary team, and people living with Parkinson's.
- Amelia Hursey, Research Participation Lead, Parkinson’s UK
- Debra Borsley, Principal Speech and Language Therapist, Airedale Foundation Trust
- Emma Bracher, Specialist Occupational Therapist, Emma Bracher Occupational Therapy
- Fiona Lindop, Specialist Physiotherapist, University Hospitals of Derby & Burton NHS Foundation Trust
- Jane Rideout, Excellence Network Clinical lead: user involvement
- Janine Barnes, Neurology Specialist Pharmacist, Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust
- Jennifer Foley, Highly Specialist Clinical Neuropsychologist and Honorary Lecturer, National Hospital of Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Julie Jones, Clinical Academic Fellow and Senior Lecturer (Physiotherapy), Robert Gordon University
- Katherine Crawford, Director of Services, Parkinson’s UK
- Louise Ebenezer, Clinical Nurse Specialist for Parkinson’s Disease, Cwm Taff Morgannwg University Health Board
- Patsy Cotton, Advanced Nurse Practitioner in Movement Disorders, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- Rowan Wathes, Associate Director of the UK Parkinson’s Excellence Network, Parkinson’s UK
- Richard Walker, Consultant Physician at North Tyneside General Hospital and Honorary Professor of Ageing and International Health at Newcastle University
- Terence Manning, Head Teacher (retired)
All judges will declare any conflicts of interest with any awards entries that come in, and will not be involved in judging those entries.