Nominate great Parkinson's services
The latest round of the Excellence Network Awards has opened and you can help give services providing great care the recognition they deserve.
The Excellence Network Awards were set up to recognise and celebrate outstanding services that make a difference to people affected by Parkinson's.
Following their launch in September 2016, people affected by Parkinson's and professionals nominated 38 services, with 7 finalists shortlisted and 4 winners announced at a ceremony hosted by journalist and TV presenter John Stapleton,
Since then, these services have been working with the Excellence Network to share their good practice so other teams can benefit from their experiences, and improve their services for people affected by Parkinson's.
Now is your chance to get involved in the 2018 Excellence Network Awards. If you know of a fantastic service that deserves recognition, you can nominate them.
Daiga Heisters, vice-chair of the Excellence Network Awards committee, says:
"We know there are great examples of care happening and we need your help so that the professionals providing these can be celebrated, and more importantly others can learn from them.
"So if you've experienced great care from your team, make that nomination and you can help others receive the same quality of service."
The deadline for submitting your nomination is midnight on Friday 29 September.
You can also help spread the word about the Excellence Network Awards by sharing our forthcoming updates on social media. Look out for the hashtag #parkinsonsexcellence.
Last year's winners
- Parkinson's Advanced Symptoms Unit: A collaboration between South Tees NHS Trust and Tees, Esk and Wear Mental Health Trust – for their work in addressing complex symptoms of Parkinson's
- Cardiff and Vale University Health Board Parkinson's Clinic – for their integration of a pharmacist into their specialist service
- Neurology Parkinson's Service at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust – for their creation of a nurse-led newly diagnosed patient pathway and implementation of trust-wide guidelines for managing Parkinson's
- Heart of England Foundation Trust Quality Improvement team – for their work in improving medicines management in hospital
The following services were highly commended:
- Parkinson's Service at Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – for their work to adapt their services according to patient feedback
- Coventry and Warwickshire Regional Parkinson's Service – for their work on anticipatory care
- Parkinson's Nurse-led Nursing Home Clinic at Cardiff and Vale University Health Board – for providing care directly to people in their care homes