Applications for Parkinson's UK grants are now open. There is 1 more funding round for Parkinson’s UK grants in 2021:
- Round 3 opens on 1 September and closes on 31 October.
Please make sure you send your application before the closing date. Applications received after the closing date won’t be considered for funding and can’t be carried forward to the next round.
The new application form and updated guidance for applicants are available to download below. We can only accept applications sent to us on the new form.
Who can apply
If you're living with Parkinson's you can apply for an amount up to £1,500 to fund electrical items, respite care, specialist equipment or activities.
This applies to:
- people with Parkinson's or other forms of progressive parkinsonism
- carers who aren't paid for their caring role.
We don't count Carer's Allowance as being paid.
We're committed to offering grants to people with Parkinson's, and the people who love and care for them, who are in the greatest financial need. To apply for a Parkinson's UK Grant your total household savings must be less than £6,000 if you apply for up to £500. If you apply for more than £500 your total household savings must be less than £16,000.
What we fund
- Activities: you can receive a maximum grant of £250 if your household savings are less than £6,000.
- Electrical items: you can receive a maximum grant of £500 if your household savings are less than £6,000. Grants for electrical items are limited to 1 application per household.
- Respite care: you can receive a maximum grant of £1,000 if your household savings are less than £16,000. Grants for respite care are limited to 1 application per household.
- Specialist equipment or home adaptation: you can receive a maximum grant of £1,500 if your household savings are less than £16,000. Grants for specialist equipment or home adaptation are limited to 1 application per household.
What we don't fund
We don't fund holidays, long-term financial commitments or daily living costs. We won’t consider applications to fund items that you've already paid for, or committed to paying for.
We don't fund items or respite where funding should be available from the government or from your local authority.
If you don't qualify for a Parkinson's UK Grant, take a look at the Turn2us Benefits Calculator and Grants Search for information about other sources of grant funding for people affected by Parkinson's.
Helpline and local advisers
From employment and benefits, to emotional support. Our helpline and Parkinson's local advisers are here to answer any questions you have.
Call us on 0808 800 0303.