The Excellence Network Awards ceremony was held on Friday 3 March 2017 as part of the Positive Steps in Parkinson's event.
We're pleased to reveal that the winners were:
- Parkinson's Advanced Symptoms Unit: A collaboration between South Tees NHS Trust and Tees, Esk and Wear Mental Health Trust – for their work in addressing complex symptoms of Parkinson's
- Cardiff and Vale University Health Board Parkinson's Clinic – for their integration of a pharmacist into their specialist service
- Neurology Parkinson's Service at Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust – for their creation of a nurse-led newly diagnosed patient pathway and implementation of trust-wide guidelines for managing Parkinson's
- Heart of England Foundation Trust Quality Improvement team – for their work in improving medicines management in hospital
However no-one left empty-handed - there were highly commended mentions for the 3 other services making up the finalists:
It is wonderful to be able to highlight and celebrate some of the fantastic services that support people with Parkinson's every day.
Professor David Burn, Excellence Network clinical lead
- Parkinson's Service at Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – for their work to adapt their services according to patient feedback
- Coventry and Warwickshire Regional Parkinson's Service – for their work on anticipatory care
- Parkinson's Nurse-led Nursing Home Clinic at Cardiff and Vale University Health Board – for providing care directly to people in their care homes
Professor David Burn, clinical director of the Excellence Network and chair of the Excellence Network Awards committee, commented: "It is wonderful to be able to highlight and celebrate some of the fantastic services that support people with Parkinson's every day.
"We were overwhelmed by the quality of entries and I would like to congratulate all the finalists on their success in the first ever year of our Awards.
"By coming forward to share innovations, it will have encouraged others to adopt similar improvements – meaning better services for those affected by Parkinson's across the UK."
Look out for features on each of the winning and highly commended services in the next few months.
Register your interest
Make sure you're part of next year's celebrations by registering your interest in the 2018 Excellence Network Awards.
- More news for professionals