Excellence Network Awards
The Excellence Network Awards recognise outstanding health and social care services for people affected by Parkinson's.
Great care is already happening. Let's celebrate it and make it standard.
The Excellence Network is looking to recognise services that:
- put the person at the centre of everything they do
- link people to the right professionals to address their specific needs
- work with other services to make sure care is integrated and joined up
- ensure people get the information they need at the right time, from diagnosis onwards
- listen to and use feedback from people affected by Parkinson's to make sure services are focused on the people using them
- support people to take control so that they make the most of their life with Parkinson's
- use evidence and education to improve standards of care
- support people to get involved in research
- share their good practice with others so it can be replicated elsewhere
By showcasing services delivering great practices like these, others can draw inspiration and initiate their own improvements.
2019 Excellence Network Awards details will be released later this year. See the 2018 information below for a taste of what's involved.
2018 Awards timeline
- Deadline for nominations – Friday 6 October 2017 (midnight)
- Deadline for entries – Friday 27 October 2017
- Judging to take place in November 2017 with finalists contacted by the end of the year
- Finalists are to be announced in December 2018
- The Excellence Network Awards ceremony will take place on 25 January 2018
How can people with Parkinson's get involved?
If you are a person with Parkinson's and you have received great care from your team, nominate them for an Excellence Network Award.
A nomination is your chance to show your appreciation, and to help bring forward the day when everyone with Parkinson's can expect quality care as standard.
Making a nomination
You can nominate if:
- you're a person affected by Parkinson's who has received great care
- you're a health or social care professional who wants to recognise a service you work with (not your own service)
As great care happens because of the actions of a range of professionals, we are looking for nominations of teams rather than only one specific professional (although you can identify one as a point of contact for the whole service).
How can professionals get involved?
If you work directly with people with Parkinson's, you can enter your service for an Excellence Network Award. If you know of a great service, you can also nominate them.
This is your chance to show the Parkinson's community and beyond that great care is already happening, and pave the way to make it standard.
Who is on the judging panel?
The Excellence Network Awards committee will consider all completed applications from services that have submitted the required entry information.
The committee will be led by the new Clinical Director of the Excellence Network who will be announced shortly.
Others on the judging panel are key professionals, Parkinson's UK staff members and people affected by Parkinson's.
What are the judging criteria?
Entries will be assessed on how they deliver the quality criteria the Excellence Network believes should be standard throughout the UK.
All entries will be judged against the following criteria:
- demonstration of a clear link between issue, service provision and impact - evidence of an issue being addressed by the service and of tangible differences being experienced by the people using the service, with examples of feedback
- evidence that the input of people affected by Parkinson's has been critical to the development and implementation of the service or initiative
- consideration and insight into how the service's great practice has been or could be replicated more widely. This might include making tools more widely available or joint working with other services
Preference will be given to entries that address the Excellence Network priority challenges identified by the 2015 UK Parkinson's Audit.
How can I help to spread the word?
Tell as many people as you can about the awards - whether that's people living with Parkinson's or professionals who provide the services.
On social media, use #parkinsonsexcellence
The 2018 Excellence Network Awards
Find out about the work of the 2018 Excellence Network Awards winners.
Have a question about the awards?
If you have a question about any aspect of the awards, please contact the Excellence Network Awards team on 020 7963 3931 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's keep in touch
Sign up to the Excellence Network newsletter to get the latest news, training, resources and events for professionals.