Medication whilst abroad

Sorry I'm new to the forum didn't manage to post my message on 'Medication whilst abroad'.  I'm travelling to Disney World Florida with the family in a couple of weeks,  as if this wasn't a big enough deal for a 68 year grandmother, I now realise there will be a 5 hour time difference when we get there.  Does anyone else have experience of this and how does it affect your timetable for medication.

Hi

When I have changed time zones, I carry on taking Madopar at the normal 3.5 hour intervals until I get to new destination.  I then start the next days medication at normal time (based on local time at destination).  This seems to work for me, but I am not normally affected by jet lag and I've only been diagnosed with Parkie for just over two years. 

How do other people mange?

Hope you have a great time in Florida.

Thorny

I think PUK has a travel advice leaflet, search the site.

Hi Woodie,

Welcome to the forum! As Kate mentioned, it might be a good idea to check our pages on holidays and travel: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/holidays-and-travel You can find plenty of information there about things to bear in mind like medication routine while away, so hopefully you will find it helpful.

Best wishes,
Mara (Moderation team).