Parkinson's UK forum: terms and conditions
Posting, commenting and personal messaging
By posting, commenting and messaging on this site, including the use of images in any content you create, you agree:
- that you are over the age of 18
- to act in accordance with applicable national and international laws
- to act in accordance with these terms and conditions, applicable rules and guidelines
- to accept legal responsibility for the content of your communications
- to act in accordance with the relevant rules and guidelines
- not to discuss, promote or threaten illegal activity (for example, threats of violence, illicit drug use, fraud)
- not to be obscene, defamatory or libellous, inflammatory, vulgar, sexually orientated, racial, political, hateful, threatening, in violation of any laws or good morals and practice or personally abusive. You hereby undertake to indemnify and hold harmless Parkinson's UK against all costs and expenses from any such actions by you
- not to post chain letters, spam, advertising or junk messages to other users
- not to post information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than yourself on the forum or in commenting without the consent of the owner
- not to violate, plagiarise or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. Parkinson's UK shall not be held responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law
You acknowledge that our decision to remove or ban an individual from using the forum, commenting or personal messaging is binding and the decision final.
You acknowledge that any information posted to publicly accessible areas may remain publicly accessible indefinitely. Parkinson's UK is under no obligation to remove content from the site once it has been posted.
Breaches of applicable law, these terms and conditions or guidelines may lead to us reporting your activities to your internet service provider, your employer, relevant authorities, or to legal action being taken against you, or both.
You agree to respect the privacy and wishes of those users with whom you exchange personal messages through this website. You must not pass on details to third parties (except Parkinson's UK) without permission.
By sending or receiving a private message you consent to them being viewed by Parkinson's UK or its representatives, where Parkinson's UK have been notified of a problem or a serious breach of these terms and conditions, rules or guidelines.
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and may be used by us on our website and in other publications.
By registering for this site, you agree that Parkinson's UK may use and reproduce this information without prior notice. Any information so used will remain anonymous unless you grant permission to use identifying details.
You grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence (including the right to sub-license) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any content (in whole or part) you post and/or to incorporate such content in other works in any form, media or technology now known or developed.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, agents or partners harmless from and against any direct or indirect loss or damage (including consequential loss) and loss of profits, goodwill or business opportunities arising from any third party claim in relation to any content you upload, post or email on or through our site (including our forum and personal messaging), your use of our site, or your breach of the provisions of these terms and conditions and applicable rules and guidelines.
All communications made available by users of this site, and any opinions, advice, statements, views or other information expressed on the forum or in comments are solely provided by, and the responsibility of, the person posting such communication and not of Parkinson's UK.
Parkinson's UK does not certify, endorse or verify the contents of any communication posted to the forums, in comments or in personal messages. Parkinson's UK makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, with regard to the posted communications or information contained therein.
Parkinson's UK is not responsible for defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any author posting to this forum.
Although Parkinson's UK reserves the right to remove any postings from this forum at its discretion, this reservation creates no affirmative duty in Parkinson's UK, and failure to exercise this power shall not subject Parkinson's UK to any liability of any sort.