Hi all, have been reading the forum for about 3 months. I was diagnosed in May this year and thought it was about time I joined. You sound a friendly bunch.

I am 54 and have been off work since diagnosis, trying to come to terms with it all. I thought things were bad enough 2 years ago when I had a P.E. on both lungs, but this has knocked me for six! I'm currently on Sinemet Plus 250mgs three times a day, hoping this will help stop my right hand tremor. 

Good to know that you are all there sharing your hopes and fears.

Hi skyblueman,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure some of the others will pop along soon to say hello.

In the meantime, there's lots of information in the tabs called 'About Parkinson's' & 'Support for you' which you can find on the top of this page.

Best wishes,

Ilona

Moderation Team

Hello and welcome to the forum, skyblueman

Bilateral P E that must have  been an uncomfortable and frightening experience. 

I hope you begin to get benefit from your medication soon. 

Where in the country are you? Have you made contact with your local branch details can be found on the web

I find that a great support. 

Hope to see you around the forum . 

Hi 

I'm in the Banbury area and have joined the local parkinsons group ,again they are an invaluable bunch and made me feel very welcome

booked in to see my Neuro Again on Saturday week to understand when and if I need an increase in meds( all very confusing at the moment )

1 Like