Our College of Experts
Our diverse College of Experts, made up of experts and people affected by Parkinson's, helps us decide what research we fund.
Sharmila Nebhrajani, former Chief Executive of the Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC), a membership organisation of the leading medical and health research charities in the UK, says:
"As a member of the AMRC, Parkinson's UK meets very high standards in the way it gives out its money.
"It funds high-quality research, which is carefully peer-reviewed, and seeks to involve patients and the public in setting its research priorities."
"Those who donate to the charity can have confidence their money is helping to advance understanding and improve life for people with Parkinson's".
Find out more about our research funding process.
Join our College of Experts
We're looking for scientific panel members who have:
- commitment to the aims and values of Parkinson’s UK
- extensive research experience either in clinical practice (including the allied health professions) or in a university where they have gained an in depth knowledge in their specific research field
- a broader understanding of where their research fits into our understanding of what causes Parkinson's, how it is treated and the development of effective therapies
- at least a 5-year publication record and can demonstrate their research has made an impact in their field of research
- prior experience in reviewing funding applications and research manuscripts which have been submitted for publication in medical journals or on-line open access publication portals (desirable)
- success in obtaining and running effective research grants /awards
- willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
To request an application form, email [email protected]