This short video is aimed at diagnosing clinicians. It explains how to provide a better experience for your patients when delivering a diagnosis of Parkinson's.
- Information from diagnosis
- Service improvement
- Doctor (Geriatrician)
- Doctor (GP)
- Doctor (Neurologist)
- Nurse (Parkinson's nurse)
The video features people with Parkinson's talking about what they found helpful, and what would have made their diagnosis a less difficult experience.
It includes tips on how to deliver a diagnosis in a supportive and informative way based on the needs of the patient at that time.
The film has been created through a partnership between the European Parkinson's Disease Association and the Excellence Network.
Tips for delivering a diagnosis
- Ask the person what they suspect their symptoms are due to - this helps you form a suitable response.
- Explain how you reached the diagnosis.
- Show empathy: this is a life changing diagnosis.
- Positive actions can be taken, such as effective medications and lifestyle changes.
- Signpost people to Parkinson's UK newly diagnosed information.
- Provide a follow-up plan and a point of contact such as a Parkinson's nurse or other healthcare professional.
Duration: 6 minutes