Who is the course for?
All grades of Allied Health Professionals who have contact with patients with Parkinson's in a non-specialist setting.
What will participants learn?
The study day looks at a multi-disciplinary approach to the management of patients. Each session will be led by a clinical specialist in the field of Parkinson's.
Aims and objectives
- To increase understanding of aetiology and pathology of Parkinson's.
- To understand the drug actions, options and importance of getting medication on time in Parkinson's.
- To understand the non-motor symptoms of Parkinson's.
- To gain knowledge of the best practice and current evidence based therapy management of Parkinson's, including physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
- To know how to use cues and strategies in Parkinson's management.
How does it work?
CPD hours of attendance: 5.25 hours.
Fee: £130 (including light lunch and refreshments).
Limited funded places may be available for AHPs and nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.
Venue: Royal Derby Hospital, Derby.
For more information and to book your place:
Visit website: www.ncore.org.uk
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01332 254679