This conference focuses on improving end of life care for people with Dementia during Covid-19, through providing national updates and practical case studies.
Throughout the pandemic, people with dementia have been extremely impacted by Covid-19, highlighting the importance of ensuring they are supported and cared for effectively at the end of life during this challenging time.
Therefore, this event will demonstrate how delegates can improve end of life care for people with dementia in their service during Covid-19, by updating them on national guidance and implications for end of life care.
The day will cover a wide range of topics related to end of life care and dementia, enabling delegates to:
- learn from the lived experience of a person with dementia during Covid-19, and a carer of someone with dementia at the end life
- understand how to support people with dementia and improving end of life care through Covid-19
- reflect on national developments and learning including the NICE Quality Standard for Dementia and the decision-making guide for dementia carers
- ensure best practice in prescribing to avoid cognitive side effects and delirium at the end of life
- identify key strategies for predicting and recognising last days of life and managing uncertainty.
Exclusive 20% discount for Excellence Network members. Quote ref: hcuk20park when booking (*cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Full T&Cs available upon request).
This conference will be run virtually via a web-based platform. Find out more about virtual attendance for HCUK's conferences.