The accredited Train the Trainer 'Parkinson's Explored' course aims to give health and care sector trainers the opportunity to develop their own knowledge of Parkinson's and then the necessary skills and confidence to deliver the 'Parkinson's Explained' education session.
After successful completion of the online foundation module course, 2 days of in depth training and then a reflective evaluation, participants will become UK Parkinson's Excellence Network trained trainers and be exclusively able to deliver the 'Parkinson's Explained' session at their place of work.
The course is credit-rated by One Awards, leading to 2 credit points at level 2 and a certificate from the UK Parkinson's Excellence Network. The session you then deliver has a Quality Mark from One Awards attached to it.
The course consists of an online self-directed foundation module, direct teaching, group and individual work and practice teaching sessions.
A full training pack will be provided to each participant to allow them to start delivering the training immediately.
What will participants learn?
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the impact of Parkinson's, including motor and non motor symptoms, communication and cognition issues, and management of Parkinson's
- evaluate their own practice and care of people with Parkinson's
- deliver the 'Parkinson's Explained' training session to their staff
- recognise the role of the UK Parkinson's Excellence Network and how they can work with us
Who is the course for?
This course is most suitable for experienced health and social care trainers.
2017 course dates
- 6 and 7 June - Stoke-on-Trent
- 1 and 2 August - Cambridge
- 29 and 30 August - Dundee
- 13 and 14 September - Carmarthen
- 30 and 31 October - Newcastle
- 8 and 9 November - London
- 14 and 15 November - Ulster
- 5 and 6 December - Llandudno
- TBC - Armagh
If you've already signed up for or done the course, see our resources for you.
For more information - Contact us
How to apply
Fill out our Parkinson's Explored / Parkinson's Explained enquiry form and we'll come back to you with more details.
If you have any questions about this course, please email Course Lead Jackie Burke on [email protected] or call 0344 225 9865.