This topic is for updating everyone on progress with reported forum issues. We've closed the topic to commenting so this remains a resource key information does not get lost. If you need to report an issue, please start another topic or write to us at [email protected].
- How to report a post
- Losing posts - possible causes
- Keyboard lag/letters not registering
- Problems copying and pasting text
- Blog with computer tips
- How we moderate and handle spam
- Auto log out
- Unable to edit community profile or avatar image
- Outstanding issues
- Issues for the community to discuss further
Read Sarah B's post on the kind of information she needs to investigate problems posting. to address these problems, we really need to have detail from you when this happens.
We understand your frustration, especially after you’ve taken the time to draft a long post and it's disappeared. But comments like ‘I’ve lost a post and I’m really angry’ don’t give us the detail we need to help you.
Again, please write to us at [email protected] letting us know as much detail as possible about what happened (this could include what device you were using, what browser you were using, how long you had been typing, what you pressed, etc.)
I know that this sounds a bit of a pain but it is the only way that we can really get to the bottom of what is happening and make real change.
Some people have reported 'lost' or 'vanishing' posts that disappear after pressing the 'Post' button. There are several reasons this can happen. Here are a few common causes and tips to avoid the issue:
- Pressing the ‘back’ button
- Double-clicking on 'post' or clicking on another link while your post is processing
- Using emojis
- If you accidentally select all your text and delete it - click the 'undo' button (a little curving arrow) in the tool bar at the top of a comment box, which will bring back the text in the comment box previous to it being deleted.
This may be a problem with the spell-as-you-type feature. Here's how to fix it.
This may have to do with the browser that you're using. See the results of Sarah B's investigation on this.
This blog shares details about how to slow down your mouse and double click speeds, and turn on bounce keys, which helps control the number of key strokes you make.
Forum moderation is done throughout the day and night and during weekends and holidays. This is done by people and is not automated. We have measures in place to deal with different types of spam. But if you see spam, please report it. Read a recent topic for more information.
You will be automatically logged out after 2 hours of inactivity on the site. If you have several tabs open, and you log back in on one of them, if you then refresh the other tabs (or log back in on any of them), you will be returned to the page you were previously viewing.
This was a bug that made part of the user profile and avatar image disappear after edits were made, preventing further changes. This has now been resolved and is working as expected.
|Problems with forum member search||Being investigated|
|Problems with sending private messages||
|Unable to edit community profile or avatar image||Resolved|
|Slow loading of web pages / error messages||Resolved|
- How can we make the forum a more welcoming place?
- Are there more private forums we want to consider?
- For what time period should we be able to edit posts? Is it possible/desireable to allow editing at any point?
- Should we have volunteer forum moderators
Updated 10 May 2016