Number of hours: Variable
Tuesday, 31 October, 2017 - 17:00
What the role involves
This summer, more than 3,700 beautiful gardens across England and Wales will open their doors to the public for a short time, raising money for charity as part of the National Garden Scheme. To find out where your nearest garden is, please visit: www.ngs.org.uk
We need volunteers like you to attend National Garden Scheme openings as our Parkinson's UK representative.
The role will be very flexible, depending on your availability and on the needs of your nearest garden owner.
No matter how long you have, we can find you a role. For example:
- All day - a busy garden opening might need help all day serving teas and coffees.
- An hour - we might ask you to visit and thank the garden owner.
- A few hours - as a marshal you would help with safe and easy access to the garden.
What you could get out of volunteering
- Find out about one of our most significant charity partners, and the impact this has on people with Parkinson's.
- Get to know some wonderful volunteers.
- Spend time in a beautiful garden!
What we're looking for
To apply for this role, you will need to:
- be confident, with a friendly, approachable manner
- have excellent communication skills
- be enthusiastic and proactive
Find out more
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email [email protected].
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to [email protected] by the closing date.
For more details about the National Garden Scheme Ambassador role, take a look at this presentation: