Patient and public involvement (PPI) research volunteer
Patient and public involvement volunteers work alongside researchers to design and shape Parkinson's research.
Flexible, you can do as little or as much as you choose
Varied, flexible with some face to face opportunities, but mostly from home
what the role involves
You will support researchers to:
- identify important research questions
- write a grant application or applications for ethical approvals
- create patient communications such as information sheets and consent forms
what you could get out of volunteering
As a PPI volunteer you will:
- have the chance to work side by side with researchers and shape research which could improve the lives of people affected by Parkinson’s
- be able to connect with other people interested in Parkinson’s research
- become part of our Research Support Network (RSN) – you’ll receive information about Parkinson’s research, opportunities to take part in research and the chance to attend research events
what we're looking for and why
We are looking for people who have:
- an understanding of Parkinson’s and the day to day challenges of living with the condition
- good computer skills and an email address
- an understanding of and a commitment to the aims and values of Parkinson’s UK
FIND OUT MORE
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email [email protected].
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to [email protected] by the closing date.