Lay grant reviewer - home based
As a lay grant reviewer, you'll use your personal experience of Parkinson's to help us decide which grant applications to fund.
3-4 hours per month. Flexible
What does the role involve
Anyone affected by Parkinson's – including those who help support or care for a partner, friend or family member with Parkinson's– can be a lay grant reviewer, no matter what their background or experience.
- we’ll email you a selection of grant applications and a grant review form you choose how many applications you review, and how often.
- every application contains a summary of the research written in plain English.
- we ask for your comments on the importance of the research, the potential benefits to people affected by Parkinson’s, and your suggestions for any improvements that the researchers could make.
what you could get out of volunteering
As a lay grant reviewer you will have:
- an opportunity to influence research projects by feeding in the perspective of people affected by Parkinson’s
Anne, lay grant reviewer says:
“"Becoming a lay grant reviewer was a way for me to use the knowledge I gained as I cared for Mum. It has also been helpful in my grief journey and enables me to give back to the charity that has supported me.”
“"Now, having done quite a few, I realise it’s my first-hand knowledge of the condition that is important to share with researchers, who have the scientific knowledge but not the lived experience of how Parkinson's affects those who live with or alongside the condition."
what we're looking for and why
We are looking for people who have:
- an understanding of Parkinson’s.
- an understanding of the day-to-day challenges of living with Parkinson’s.
- the ability to present your views in written form.
FIND OUT MORE
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email [email protected].
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to [email protected] by the closing date.