Branch Treasurer - Worthing
The Parkinson's UK Worthing branch is looking for a volunteer treasurer to manage its finances, provide guidance and provide financial administration.
What the role involves
The branch treasurer leads the financial activity of the group. Working closely with the branch Chair, you would:
- accurately record financial activity, keeping the group and the Parkinson's UK office informed of the group's financial position
- keep up to date on Parkinson's UK's financial policies and share them with the group
- provide regular reports to the committee on the financial status of the group including final accounts at the annual general meeting
What you could get out of volunteering
As the branch treasurer, you would have the opportunity to:
- do something meaningful for people affected by Parkinson's within your local area
- meet new people and make new friends, both in the group and in our local community
- learn and develop valuable financial, administrative and communication skills
What we're looking for
We are looking for volunteers who:
- have strong numerical and communication skills, as you will be working with a wide range of people and leading the group's finances
- be collaborative and team focused, as you will need to discuss the group's finances with the committee and local staff
- are able to make balanced decisions taking into account multiple views in order to meet the needs of local people with Parkinson's
Find out more
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email email@example.com.
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.