Branch secretary - Waltham Forest, London
Carry out the admin duties and support the committee and branch.
15 hours per month
What the role involves
The Waltham Forest Branch is active within the local community and organises regular activities including therapeutic activities, monthly meetings and an exercise group.
As a branch secretary,you will:
- be a point of contact for inquiries to the group
- attend regular committee meetings, encouraging other volunteers to be involved
What you could get out of volunteering
As the branch secretary, you will have the opportunity to:
- do something meaningful for people affected by Parkinson's in your local area
- meet new people and make new friends, both in the group and in the local community
- learn and develop valuable organisational, administrative and people skills
What we're looking for and why
We are looking for volunteers who:
- have strong administrative, organisational, communication and IT skills in order to enable the smooth running of the group
- are able to make balanced decisions taking multiple views into account in order to meet the needs of local people with Parkinson's
- be collaborative and team focused in order to gather and distribute information effectively to everyone involved
FIND OUT MORE
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email [email protected].
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to [email protected] by the closing date.