Branch chair - Worthing
Parkinson's UK Worthing Branch is looking for a motivated, reliable person with strong leadership skills to guide the branch and ensure its work is carried out effectively.
Number of hours: Variable
What the role involves
The Worthing Branch is an active and friendly branch which regularly engages with the local community. Some highlights of the branch calendar include exercise, art, speech and dance classes, as well as lunch club, plus a separate small sub-group in Washington West Sussex.
As a branch chair you will:
- keep up to date about the aims of Parkinson's UK, and make sure the branch fulfils them
- ensure regular committee meetings are held and work to make committee members feel involved and inspired
What you could get out of volunteering
The branch chair is positioned to guide and inspire the branch, and in this role, you will:
- forge new friendships and meet new people, both in the branch and in the local community
- gain valuable leadership, teamwork and people skills
- do something useful and meaningful for your community and people who are affected by Parkinson's in your area
What we're looking for
In order to fulfil this role, you will:
- have strong leadership and communication skills, as you will be working a wide range of different people
- be able to make impartial decisions, as sometimes opinions will differ and you will need to take multiple views into consideration
- have a positive, energetic attitude and thrive on motivating others to enjoy their work and keep the bigger picture in sight
Find out more
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us on 020 7963 9328 or email email@example.com.
Please read the role description fully prior to completing the application pack. Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.